Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happiest Place On Earth.....

My first memory of Disneyland was when I was 5. My grandparents took me there for my birthday. I remember what I was wearing and what ride was my favorite. It was a good day. When Adam and I decided that I would make this last minute trip alone, it was tough to want to go without him and Savannah.....but then I thought to myself that this might be Charlotte's first memory of Disneyland and since her Grandma would be there....how sweet would that be? After going, I can see that Charlotte will talk about her memories of Disneyland to many people and remember them always.

Burt from Mary Poppins stopped and talked to Charlotte before we ventured down Main Street.


It was a perfect day for the park. 66 degrees and bright and sunny.

She loves Grandma Peni.

New Orleans Square is my favorite part of the park. Live jazz music, sourdough bread bowls with clam chowder and Pirates of the Carribean. Love it!


It took me a bit to realize that there were not any pictures with Sandi in them....my Mom's best friend, Sandi, was also with us at Disneyland during this trip. And the other little girl seen pictured here with Charlotte is her grand-daughter (Suzy's daughter). Anyway, sorry Sandi...I will have to get more pictures with you next time. Thank you for the visit and thank you for taking so many great pictures! It really was a great day!

They were SO great together....no bickering, no whining....it was very pleasant. Such good girls. :)

Charlotte's favorite movie!


Captain EO was back in business! Woo-hoo!


90 minute wait to see Rapunzel and get her autograph....I don't think so. :/ Char was sad but a good sport about the situation.


She loves Mr. Toad...I rented this movie for her one time and she just thought it was the Bees-Knees.


"It's a small world after all"......She still sings this almost everyday.

Another memory of Disneyland was when my Dad took us on the Tea Cups and the cup was turning so fast that it felt like it was turning on its side. I loved that feeling. This was the same day I went on Space Mountain for the first time...I cried the whole time in line (because my Dad insisted that I ride with them) and as soon as it began, I laughed and giggled the whole duration. It was instantly my favorite ride and still is to this day. :)

I have to report also....that Charlotte was tall enough for every ride at the Magic Kingdom. She road Thunder Mountain Railroad, Matterhorn and Space Mountain. She liked them all except for the little scare from the Yeti on Matterhorn. :)


Thank you Disneyland for all the WONDERFUL memories through out the years!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!!! Spencer is dying to go to Disneyland someday. Good thing he doesn't really understand just how far away that will be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday. :) I feel very grateful that my family is near the park but wish that I could take everyone with us when we go.

    ReplyDelete