Friday, October 2, 2009

House Fire

The surreal text came on Tuesday afternoon. "The Newcastle house is burning to the ground" I could not believe it but I made the phone call and received the dreadful news. It was real. The house caught fire and what the Erickson family (that I married into almost 8 years ago) raised all their children in, was going down in flames. The fire department even ran out of water! Yikes. We are just SUPER grateful that everyone made it out O.K. and that it did not start a forest fire. I am also glad we live close so we can offer some help. (Adam will most likely be spending any free moments up there for a while) My in-laws have had such a great attitude about the whole thing and I am really proud of them. It cannot be an easy thing to go through (because it is even affecting us so much) but I know we will all get through it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment