Sunday, March 6, 2011

Seattle, Washinton


Pike's Fresh Market is open everyday of the week.



We walked over to the Sculpture Park where the view of the city and the bay were phenomenal.



Safeco Field


A local restaurant in the "U District" part of town (near the University of Washington) which served only organic foods. It was also VERY scrumptous!!!


My very good friend Anne was my roommate. She and I are one of the only ladies in the choir with kids, so it is nice to have someone to relate with. :) As soon as our plane landed and we checked into the hotel, we went running OUTSIDE! (which would never happen in Wyoming at this time of year) and we were able to do that everyday...it was nice to be in a more mild climate and at 100 ft. above sea level where we could breathe more easily too. This was very helpful because our choir was asked to perform at a professional level, accompanying our composer in residence, Jennifer Higdon, for the bi-annual MENC (Music Educators National Conference). The concert was a success and we all had a really great experience in Seattle!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I never seem to have time to look at blogs anymore so sorry this comment is on an old post. I used to live in Seattle so seeing all your pictures brought back great memories. I used to meet a girlfriend of mine for breakfast once a month at Portage Bay Cafe. It is delicious! It seems like you had a great time in Seattle. Miss you! Ryanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you while I was there Ryanne. :) How cool that you have been to Portage Bay...their food was scrumptious. I hung out with a Seattle local (a musician), so I was able to learn some really neat things about the different "gems" in the city. I loved it there! Miss you dearly! Give Spencer a squeeze for me....I cannot wait to meet him. I am hoping to run a half marathon this summer in SLC, I would love to see you then. ~Jeffi

    ReplyDelete