Wednesday, January 5, 2011

God Bless Elise Marie Johnson

These pictures turned out blurry because I was not paying attention to the settings, yet, these were the last shots I got of Elise and Charlotte, and the whole Johnson family before their tragic accident on Christmas Eve 2010. (these were taken at baby Logan's blessing on Nov. 7, 2010 just a month prior)

I have so much to say and yet no words can describe how much love we have for our friends, the Johnson Family. They have been such a great example to us over the years. We met them in our ward in 2006. Their eldest daughter has been one of Charlotte's best friends. Elise, who we called "Eli," was spunky, athletic, a great singer, dancer, artist, etc. She was quick as a whip and very helpful. I spent a lot of time with her. I gave her a voice lesson once (per her request) and also, a ballet lesson. I bathed her, changed her diapers, got her dressed for Halloween one year. It was a pleasure to serve her. She was a lot of fun.

I saw her grow into a very calm and maturing older sister. Her patience, understanding of life and love grew so much each year (this was due to her Mother's patience and rearing in love with the help of their Savior)....she is such a beautiful angel now. I hope she looks over our family and remembers us with love. We will miss her sweet spirit and cannot wait to reunite with her again soon.

On Dec. 24, 2010, Kelli and her daughter, Elise, age 5, were skiing. They were involved in a tragic skiing accident on the mountain in Wyoming, where a young man collided with these two and he and Eli both lost their lives. Kelli has been in critical condition since the accident, surrounded by love, prayers and the blessings of the priesthood. We pray that her condition improves and that she may be able to once again rejoin her family here on earth at this time. If it is the Lord's will. We love this family, forever....and will do everything we can to help them. We have faith for a brighter tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. My heart hurt when I read this post. I will keep this family in my prayers. We miss you lots and hope one day we'll be able to see you guys but until then I'll keep stalking you on your blog. Ryanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much girls. I miss you both so much and we are very grateful for your prayers. Give your babes a kiss from me. OXOXOXO ~Jeffi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sad. How is she doing now? And Jeffi your girls are absolutely beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Requel! Your girls are also so beautiful! You can check out her blog at http://wyojohnsonfamily.blogspot.com ....her condition gets better each day....slowly but surely. We got to visit her last weekend when we went to the temple.....it was surreal but so nice to see her and hold her hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My apologies.....it is
    wyojohnsonjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete